Wednesday, August 12, 2015
So often we hear that there is nothing to do in Fresno County. However, our calendar is filled with free and low-cost things to do that will satisfy any craving for adventure!
1. Head over to the Northwest corner of Shaw and Blackstone and enjoy some fresh fruit and vegetables from the Vineyard Farmer's Market. This year-round farmers market rests under the beautiful arbor that houses some of the finest quality fruits and vegetables you can find. Wednesdays 3pm-6pm and Saturdays 7am-noon, rain or shine.
2. Take a trip up to Sequoia National Park for Wild & Free- A Yoga Inspired Backpacking Trip and become one with nature. This five day journey through the national park is filled with yoga, meditation, and other self-reflective activities. This is a perfect trip to give yourself a break from the everyday hustle of life.
3. For the kids-- Enjoy an educational adventure at the Fresno Chaffee Zoo at Zoo Camp! Kids will visit reptiles, watch the otters play, enjoy a zoo-wide scavenger hunt and much more!
4. Pack a picnic and head the Woodward Park and explore the Shinzen Japanese Gardens. This hidden gem is open from 4pm-dusk and is full of beauty and serenity.
5. Ride up to Yosemite for the low price of $30 round-trip with YARTS!