Places and Attractions
Warnors Center for the Performing Arts
1400 Fulton Street Fresno, CA 93721
About Warnors Center for the Performing Arts
The Warnors Theatre originally opened as the Pantages Theatre in 1928. It was constructed by Alexander Pantages who was a Greek immigrant, a renowned theater magnate and one of the most prominent managers of early vaudeville entertainment. In 1929 the theater was purchased by Warner Brothers, and its name changed to “Warner’s Theatre.” Thus, Fresno became the second West Coast city to have a Warner Brother’s motion picture theater. The theater was used primarily for motion pictures. Mr. Frank Caglia purchased the theater and renamed it to the Warnors Theatre in 1973. Frank Caglia was a young 13 year old boy on the day that the Pantages first opened. He was at the front of the line and purchased the first ticket ever sold.
Today the Warnors Theater and the additional well-equipped venue spaces within (Star Palace Ballroom and Frank’s Place) host musicals, concerts and a variety of cultural and private events.
|Classified Under:||Activities, Featured Members, Historic Attractions, Members|
|Information Update:||Contact our web content team to update this listing.|
|Visitor Note:||Please mention that you found this business through PlayFresno.org.|