About This Event
Join us for the 29th Annual Civil War Revisited!
This is a family-friendly living history event. We invite you to experience life in the nineteenth century. By engaging with the circumstances of the American Civil War, children and adults can construct a historical narrative they can relate to as they learn how history touches and shapes our lives.
* Converse with historic figures including Abraham Lincoln, Harriet Tubman, Jefferson Davis and Harriet Beecher Stowe
* Experience the clamor and valor of battle reenactments.
* Take a living history tour through Union & Confederate Army camps and civilian camps.
* Encounter period artists documenting military camp action.
* Hear President Lincoln deliver the moving Second Inaugural Address.
* Visit period artisans - weavers & spinners, rifle maker, broom makers, blacksmiths, and quilters - as they demonstrate the skills and arts of the Civil War era.
* Converse with historic figures including Abraham Lincoln, Harriet Tubman, Jefferson Davis and Harriet Beecher Stowe.
* Watch historical entertainments.
* Stomp your feet and slap your knee to the sound of fiddles and voices rising in song.
* Tour the historic Kearney Mansion. (Separate entrance fee)
* Enjoy a nostalgic horse-drawn carriage ride.
* Shop the Historical Society's Old Glory Mercantile for period memorabilia, books, toys & candy.
* Visit Kid's Camp and learn about period children's games. Enjoy dipping a simple taper candle, creating your own fabric doll or make a Thaumatrope - an optical "mini-movie" toy that was popular in the 19th century. Climb on a straw bale fort or practice roping a "steer head"!
* Food choices - Hand-dipped corn dogs, tacos, garlic fries, hamburgers, hot dogs, corn on the cob, nachos, churros and a special lunch package - choice of tri-tip or chicken croissant sandwich, hot dog (child), chips and fruit. Also, soft drinks, lemonade, shaved ice and Old Tyme Kettle Korn! Also, see more info on our popular Soldiers' Dinner at Camp Night below!
* ATM on site
$10 for adults, $5 for children 6-12, 5 and under free.
Free parking included.
Camp Night Dinner and Saturday Admission: $24 for adults,
$12 for children 12 and under.
Free parking included.
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
Tickets will also be available at the Entrance Gate behind Kearney Manison on the day of the event. Separate entrance fee per day.
CASH ONLY, NO BILLS OVER $20 PLEASE.
Camp Night Soldiers' Dinner
Saturday, October 20
4:30PM - 9PM
Dinner, Dessert, Live Music, and Dancing with the Reenactors
Menu can be found here:
TICKET INCLUDES SATURDAY EVENT ADMISSION AND PARKING
CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS!